Tuesday 21 February 2017

C7's Bree Cover

Here's the cover for C7's TOR expansion, Bree, and I'm really excited to show it as it was the first cover for The One Ring that I painted - feels like a pretty big deal, and I was actually pretty happy all the way through it! I didn't even feel there was an 'ugly stage' to this piece, it just came together smoothly. First up is the actual piece I created (covers can sometimes look a tad odd compositionally, given the extra room needed for text and bleed, and sometimes just so the layout artists can play about to find the best placements for all the different elements on the cover):


And this is what the final, finished cover looks like, with amazing graphic design from Paul Bourne:


It also seems to have been pretty well received by the game's fans, so I'm feeling good about that and very much looking forward to the next TOR cover I can sink my teeth into.

Thanks for looking!

Images © 2017 Sophisticated Games and Cubicle 7 Entertainment
Middle-earth, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises and are used under license by Sophisticated Games Ltd and their respective licensees.

No comments:

Post a Comment